There are some communicable diseases between horses and human, most are nowadays rare or very rare.
In Europe, we can cite:
- Rabies, bilaterally transmissible by saliva (bite or licking on a wound).
- Leptospirosis, if injured skin or mucous membranes are brought into contact with the urine of an infected horse during the urinary excretion phase.
- Salmonellosis, oral contamination.
- Brucellosis, transmitted easily to humans in whom she’s often called Malta fever.
- Tuberculosis, aerosol contamination.
- Yersiniose, oral contamination.
- Equine rhinitis virus (type A) may occasionally infect humans.