Thank you so much for your awnser, it's really helpful :)
Yes of course!!
There will always be better riders and better horses in the arena so if you continuously compare yourself with them, especially before your show it will not be very useful fir your self esteem and this will certainly not put you in the best emotional state to face a competition!!
Here a a few tips of what you can do:
1) First of all concentrate on yourself and on your horse
2) think about yours and your horses resources and strong points
3) Concentrate on giving the best you can on what you and your horse are today without making comparisons
4) imagine that you are the only competitor and that your goal is to give the best of you 2 together , your goal is to improve your last result
5) when you are in the warm up stay focused on yourself and on your horse, do not even look at other horses or you will get distracted and make comparisons.
6) believe in yourself and in your horse, the only limits are the ones that you put in your mind
7) in the warm up just look and think about you and your horse and ignore all that is happening outside, just give the best and focus on going beyond your limits!!
Another thing I would ask you is "what do you do to deserve your self esteem?"
Self esteem is not something that you can measure, it is how much esteem you feel about yourself, so what do you do to increase it?
YOu can make a list of all your qualities, your resources, and your daily actions and find in them reasons for which you should increase your self esteem... if you do this exercise for a few week this will improve a lot!!